Anybody installed one of these in their -12?

Do search on the forum...I installed a static port rivet 30 degree off leading edge of wing. Will get to hopefully try it out next week as my DAR inspection is scheduled for mid-week.

G3X AOA probe position

I have the same question as the original poster. I've searched the forum but can't find anything relating to G3X AOA in an RV12. Do we have to install the Garmin GAP26 pitot/AOA probe or can a static port as used with the Dynon be installed and retain pitot through the spinner? No alternatives are given in the G3X install manual and I'm ready to install my top wing skin so now is the best time to deal with any extra plumbing.

Thanks in advance.
Harry

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=34040

Since AoA works the same in either the Dynon or Garmin flavor, it should work just fine with the G3X. I just used a blind rivet with the mandrel removed (NOT pulled, but installed similar to the static port) as the AoA sense port on the wing. I used 1/16" ID tubing to the EFIS, but if I were doing it again I'd probably use 1/8" ID instead.

You won't find this in either the Garmin or Dynon manual. They would rather sell you a pitot/AoA probe, and to be fair that's the way to go in most planes. The 12 is a little different.