I had a chance to experience the AHRS issue in a C-182.

We were at a very high power setting in very slow flight. Basically we were hanging by our prop at very a high pitch attitude. I believe our indicated airspeed dropped well below 35 KIAS.

Attitude indicator was spot-on until we returned to straight and level flight. About 30 seconds after we got back to S&L, the AHRS gave us a Red "X" on the screen. The flight data (Airspeed, Altitude, Heading, Attitude, etc) was
still being displayed in the back ground. The "X" was just drawn over it.

The error lasted for 45 seconds or so, then it went away and everything was fine.

What's really odd is that while the Red "X" was on the screen, the data being displayed behind it was correct. I'm sure there were some slight errors in the information being reported (At least the computer thought there was), but it certainly wasn't noticable.

I still fly the plane and it doesn't bother me to fly it. If I had an extra $69,000 hiding under the mattress, I'd put a G-900 into the RV-10. But no matter how reliable a EFIS-type system is, I'll always have a couple of steam gauges to back me up. I'm just more comfortable with having that life-line.

Phil