Paul Austin

Hi All
Can anyone tell me where the best place to get new or o/hauled garmin avionics at good prices i am after gnc250 or 300xl and GTX327. Also do these units have an internal intercom and if so do they have aux audio inputs with out having to use a audio panel.:confused:
Thanks

Since you said "Best Place", I am going to send you to Stein...He will take care of you!!!

If money is the only issue, Stark is probably the cheapest: http://www.starkavionics.com/ Plus you can get automated e-mail quotes from them.

However, Stein's customer service is the best there is, so you get great value from him even if he's not the lowest price.

You are correct. Stein's customer service is superb -- I have used him. I have also used Stark Avionics (as mentioned above), and their customer service is also superb. Tony and John are super individuals. Can 't go wrong with either one. Dave

You mean that people other than Stein sell avionics??? (Take that as a vote for Stein)

Bob Kelly

I had good luck with Stark Avionics. They provided a good price and also were very helpful on the phone when I had installation questions.

Greg
RV-7A

Paul the differences between the 250xl and 300xl is the 300XL has ILS capability. To get to that point in your Bonanza you would need to add an indicator and an annunciation panel. Both of them will not accept aux audio input. The 250 would be your best choice for the money.
I would also look into the gtx320a for your transponder. For the type of flying you do that would work very well and it could be had for less money. You will still need an encoder.
For an audio panel Rick has a Flight Com 403 in his Citaborea http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/flightcom403d.php
Stereo with audio inputs. Very small and can be installed anywhere.

But what I would do I were doing it I would do a Garmin SL40 Com and add a Garmin 396 for moving map and weather. The SL40 has a built in audio panel that works very well. Matt Sawhill has one in his Cessna. You can buy one for the same price as a worn out 250/300. Not to speak of the costs of the database updates.
Unless you want to build up to a IFR plane I would stay away from the 250/300.

I use Tony Stark for my avionics. Ross used him for his Arrow. Call him and see if he has any used SL40's. He will also make up a loom that will make the install a snap.

Last edited: