Azjulian

Well Known Member
Looking at the current Vans RV-12 order for the dual screen garmin G3x is $18640

Thats the GDU460 x 2, GTX23ES transponder, GEA24 engine monitoring, GMU22 magnetometer, GSU25 ADHRS, GTR200 radio, ACK E-04 ELT and the XM add-on..

If i price that through Garmin its $9,399 (dual screen), $2450 GTX23, $1359 GTR200 radio, $500 ELT, $585 XM add-on? Thats $14,293? what am I missing for the remaining $4000 ?

Julian

Sure that doesn't include auto pilot servos and. Auto pilot control?. Also, wiring harnesses.

Last edited:
Wiring harness, mounting hardware, connectors, switch/fuse panels for the instrument panel...

Engine sensor package (about $999 for a 4 cyl Lycoming), install kits ($50-125 per widget).

And there's more! Sensors not included in the engine sensor kit:
current shunt $34
RPM sensor $98
Fuel pressure sensor $106
Fuel flow transducer $272

Finally, the CHT & EGT probes only have leads that are about a foot long and Type K thermocouple extension wire is required but not included. SteinAir has pricing for that on their website.

And still more.....

Antennas
Aircraft Battery
All other electrical items for the electrical system.... Relays, pre-made battery cables, etc.

Sorry, couldnt control myself....

And there's more! Sensors not included in the engine sensor kit:
current shunt $34
RPM sensor $98
Fuel pressure sensor $106
Fuel flow transducer $272

Antennas
Aircraft Battery
All other electrical items for the electrical system.... Relays, pre-made battery cables, etc.

BUT WAIT---- If you order in the next 3 seconds, we will double your order for only $99.99 shipping and handling;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't forget all the mounting brackets & the Avionics interconnect box (I don't remember if the Fuse & Switch panel and the Ignition panel are in the finish kit or Avionics kit but you need those also) and a bunch of other sundry small stuff.

Without the Avionics interconnect box you will have to build a traditional avionics harness and you will be challenged to interface to the fuselage wiring.

Also, don't forget if you are going ELSA you must buy the avionics from Vans.

One other thing. Don't make the mistake I almost made. If you want the Dual Screen system, order the Dual Screen system when you place the order with Vans. If you buy the second GDU 460 later from a Garmin dealer, you will pay more than would have paid Vans for the second screen. Vans does not have a way to sell you the second GDU 460 as an upgrade.

Also the system is integrated into the airplane. All the pesky details have been worked out. That engineering cost, including the cost for developing the plans, is part of the price.

Dave