bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
I just added a Garmin GDL39 to my 510 and 10a setup. I have the 510 hard wired and it is setup to show the course on the 10a CDI screen. It has worked fine. The blue wire goes to the 10a. Now after adding the GDL 39 I have the blue and yellow wire going from the 510 to the GDL 39 and the orange wire going to the 10a. This is setup for the serial pass though. When I have a course in the 510 and I switch the 10a to the CDI screen it is only working intermittantly it will work then it will loose the input. I have the interface set to garmin data and GDL39 NMEA out. What is the correct baud rate for this setup? Should it be normal or fast? I'm not at home, away with work and trying to trouble shot in my head. I need to try at both baud rates to see if one or the other makes it work right. If it does not I'm thinking a bad connection on the orange wire. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Does this sound right?

Ok, after reading through the above thread this is what sounds right.
I need to set the baud rate to normal, per Brantel and I need to ground the orange/white wire, per Garmin rep.

All software is up to date.

Last edited:
GDL39, Aera510, Dynon10a wiring info

Well, I think it finally works right!
I changed the baud rate to normal and my Dynon 10a CDI screen still was intermittent. The next and last thing to try was hooking the orange/white unused wire to ground, I did that and my CDI screen now stays working!

So the main thing that is not in the wiring instructions from Garmin is hooking the orange/white unused wire to ground. If your installing the Garmin GDL39 with a bare wires cable be sure to do this step to keep everything working right.

IMG_00795.jpg" height="298" width="400"
IMG_00796.jpg" height="298" width="400"

Last edited: