AN23

Well Known Member
We're doing a mild panel refresh and we're going to reuse the 796. Working with Bill at Up North. We're planning to use the Airgizmos dock but I know others have panel mounted without it. I'd like to hear from those that have done this on exactly how they did it and how it worked out. I Know removing it for updates, etc. can be difficult without the dock. Going to have the panel hydro dipped in carbon fiber so maybe the bulkiness of the dock won't be as noticeable? BTW, this is a horizontal mount in a RV-8

Mount to angle box

I have a -7 and I used the hard wired cable clip mount and mounted it on the angled mount that I had for the 496, it is below my Dynon in landscape orientation and the angled mount means I am looking directly at the screen, works well. I have the gizmo mount in my Champ restoration project so I can move the 796 but it is not easy to get the 796 out once it is clipped in.

Depend on whether you want the flush mount look. The clip mounting holes are standard spacing so you could also look at a ram mount or something similar or even fab an angled mounting bracket. The clip approach does make it easy to remove for updates.

Dont have a picture unfortunately.
Figs