Bushcaddy

Well Known Member
I have the new 796, replacing a 496. I also have a PMA 4000 audio panel. The audio panel is mono.

To wire the 496 audio, I fabricated a male audio plug, that plugged into the back of the 496. The wire used was a two strand shielded cable that ran back to the audio panel, one of the wires was soldered to the gnd tab and the other to tip or ring...can't recall which.

The 796 hard wire harness has 3 wires for audio...one for left, one for right and one gnd.

Mu plan was to wire the 796 audio lines into a female audio receptacle and just plug the existing male device into that (this would all be behind the panel so it wouldn't be seen). This would make it easy to disconnect if I ever wanted to and/or reinstall the 496 if I ever wanted to. Plus it's just the path of least resistance:D

To make this work, do I wire the 796 left and right wires together and solder them in the female receptacle so that both signals pass into the single wire on the male audio device? I assume the gnd audio wire on the 796 wiring harness also gets soldered to the female recpetacle so gnd continuity is established back to the audio panel?

Thanks for the help.