N62XS

Well Known Member
For those that use either, I'm planning on a purchase soon. Which one has the best features, support, ADS-B in capabilities, update costs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I have had both --

The iFly 740 does more, easier to use, supports multiple ADS-B receivers, and the customer support is second to none!

Oh, and much cheaper to own and keep updated!

Last edited:
Screen brightness is important in our RVs. The iFly740 is twice as bright as the the iFly720. I don't know how it compares to the the Garmin.

As for support they bend over backward to make you a happy customer. I had an issue with an early iFly740 with a bad internal battery and they sent a new one the next day. They promptly return emails/phone calls.

I've got the iFly 520 but I'm seriously considering an upgrade to the 740. I love the ease of use and the way the menus are set up. Ditto on the remarks about excellent customer service. My aging eyes need a bigger display! :eek:

I have an iFly 720 for sale along with the accompanying SkyguardTWX Vision-Pro UAT ADS-B out with AHRS. New, $2500+ for both. Offers? Will only sell together.

Ed

++1 for the -740. The head MFWIC for the McKinney TX outfit is Walter. You can talk to him almost anytime with praise or complaint, he really likes praise the best. Can you talk to the head man at Garmin? Full disclosure, iFly gives Washoe County SAR, AirSq, a price break annually on the iFly software we use on our Sheriff supplied Nexus tablets, Garmin was not interested. Dan from Reno

I went the 795 route

because I wanted, in addition to ADS-B in, the gyro functions offered by the GDL-39-3D (which I have yet to snag on eBay). Not sure if the -740 pairs with anything that gives it gyro capability. If so, maybe I should ditch the 795 and reconsider everything.

-Stormy

Garmin

I have to say that I absolutely love my Garmin 796. I've seen the i Fly but haven't flown with it. But I've been with Garmin since the early days when there was no color.. I think it was a Garmin 195 (maybe sooner) ... then the 395, then the 496, then the 696, and now the 796. Would be really hard to go to any other GPS with different menus.