What is the latest word on changing to the Garmin 696. I am just starting the finishing kit and was wondering if a retrofit would be possible when the 696 change takes place.
Regards
DeltaHotel

Data Point

What is the latest word on changing to the Garmin 696. I am just starting the finishing kit and was wondering if a retrofit would be possible when the 696 change takes place.
Regards
DeltaHotel

Don't know about the 696 but although I love the capability of my 496 it is difficult to read "off angle" in a bright RV cockpit plus - it's operation is best described as Byzantine.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6

Wish list

Hope that Van's updates the panel with both the 696 and the Dynon SkyView soon. SkyView primary and 180 backup maybe?:cool:

Next generation glass...

It looks like the new Dynon Skyview and Garmin panels for kit planes will incorporate integrated GPS.
There should be no need to mix and match.

For us guys who already have the D180 panel the 696 might be an upgrade from the 496. Jay Sluiter has one in his panel http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=23914&id=100000298863173&ref=mf.
But a better idea might be to wait until Skyview (with GPS) is sorted out for the -12, there probably will be a trade-in upgrade offered by Dynon for the 180, and the 496 can go to your road vehicle, or as a hand held backup.

Tony