devildog1024

I'm New Here
Is it possible to output video from a 696 to a computer? Our operations department is always looking for better ways to brief and we just got in a bunch of Garmin 696s.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to active partisipation in the forum!

Not that I know of, but you can sure use the screen capture capability to capture any screen image to the inserted SD card and use these images in a presentation.

Select MENU, MENU, SYSTEM SETUP, DISPLAY, MENU, Enable Screenshot. You can then press and hold the joystick to capture the current screen image to the SD card.

Steve

696 video output

I don't know much about the 696, but why couldn't you use a USB Video VGA converter, which will take an analog video signal and convert it into digital for the PC? This assumes the 696 video out is analog and not digital. If the output is already digital, then it seems like a slam dunk.

We do this with analog/digital thermal imaging cameras to interface with our flight recorders and a PC.

Regards,

Tim
www.flightcam360.com
FlightcamLogo200x100.jpg

I don't know much about the 696, but why couldn't you use a USB Video VGA converter, which will take an analog video signal and convert it into digital for the PC? This assumes the 696 video out is analog and not digital. If the output is already digital, then it seems like a slam dunk.

There IS no "video out" on a 696, that's the problem here....