USCANAM

Well Known Member
Have looked at every thread and post related to the new 696, especially those presented by Paul Dye.
I even think I can make room in my panel for it.
However, this is a matter that has to be approved by the CFO on the household.
Showed her all the on-line videos, magazine write-ups, and some of this forum's threads.
Explained that now she wouldn't have to loosen her shoulder harness to reach into the side pocket on her side for the flight guide, and charts...now they'll all be right in front of her with a simple push and twist.
Finally today, I kinda got the OK to make the purchase.
A while later, she informed me that she needs a new vacuum cleaner!!
Now, my question is..
What is the best one to get for her??
Thanks
Jack:confused:

Last edited:
Now, my question is..
Thanks
One that sucks a lot! :p

Hi Jack - if it is at all possible in your house, install a built in one. We always had portables, but the new house has the built in kind and the difference is incredible. Ours is a Beam. Running the pipes is the hard part.

Which one to buy

USCANAM,
Go ahead and buy her the 696 now as a just because present. Save the vacuum cleaner for her Christmas present.

Jim

The Dyson is the best! The wife loves hers! That thing is amazing with what it picks up!

I bought the wife one a few months ago... She would of never let me get a 696 though! If you can pull off that trade, GO FOR IT!

Last edited:
Dyson it is

Hey Guys
Did you ever think we'd be talking about vacuum cleaners on this forum.
But, I have to get one that will clean the plane too!!

O.K., she does like the features of the Dyson, but there are many models.
Which model are your bosses using?
Thanks
Jack

Ours is the DC14 but to be sure you get a 696, I would go with the BALL DC25 ....If I was a woman and vac'd the floors, thats the one I would want :p

Roomba

This single dude has a Roomba. This is the automatic unit that does the carpet on its own, adjusts for other surfaces and redocks with the base station when the battery starts running low. You can even program it for vacuuming frequency. It really works well. She might like it since she doesn't have to operate it.

Dyson, DC17 animal? The "ball" units are a bit gimmicky. Wish someone would come out with an HVLP attachment for the turbine on the Dyson units, they it would really be for the both of you.

Now, my question is..

Mabe you should consider something better than a vacuum cleaner. I mean after all, you are contemplatng buying yourself a $3,500 piece of avionics. I'm totally on your side here, but really ... she deserves better than a vacuum cleaner in trade.

Mabe you should consider something better than a vacuum cleaner. I mean after all, you are contemplatng buying yourself a $3,500 piece of avionics. I'm totally on your side here, but really ... she deserves better than a vacuum cleaner in trade.
In all fairness Mike, I am putting it in on HER side of the cockpit!!
Smiles
Jack

Ani-mal!

snip ....If I was a woman and vac'd the floors, thats the one I would want :p

Brian,

Did you duck when you said that? :D

Jack...I also vote the Dyson Animal (DC-??, maybe -14 or -17 as others said...away from home and can't look at it...not that I know where it's stored...there ya go Bryan, make room in the doghouse! :D)

Hey, you don't suppose a good shop vac would work do ya? :)

BTW Jack, if you pull this off, you're our hero!!

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:
I would recommend a Windsor Sensor. Use these extensively every day at work. Easy to use, easy to work on...that is if it ever breaks in a homeowner application. Relatively lightweight. Easy to maneuver.

They are built like iron and priced accordingly...not found at Wal-Mart or Target. And they don't look as neat as the Dyson if that's a consideration :D

I also second the central vac idea if you can.

Adam

Vacuum Choice Update

Central Vac is out because the 9 is going to take all my time to get the panel modified for the 696, so Dyson it will be. No filter or bag to change.
The question is....What one???. Just got back from Lowes that has all the models but the -15. My wife floor tested all the models for ease of movement, and it seem the one with the balls are better, so I think we've narrowed it down to 2, because the third one with the ball is too small.
Now back online to check out the descriptions again. She also wants a beltless one. Not sure if we need the animal ones.
Guys, this is more difficult than deciding on the 696!!!
Stay tuned
Jack
RV9A
74 hours