mcattell

Well Known Member
I use the logging feature in the 696 to keep track of my flight time. Unfortunately when I land and take-off from airports along the way it doesn't log those airports. I could stop at several airports along the way and it would only indicate departing airport and 'local' for the trip. Normally at those airports I am coming to a complete stop before taking off again. The exception would be if I actually stop for a long period of time. Previously I used a 296 GPS and it would record all the other airports. Does anyone know how to make the 696 record all landings. I've looked through the set-up menu and don't see any settings to change.

My 696 is sitting on the desk right now, and I checked it out. It's recorded all airports that I've landed at. For instance, one date might show three seperate flights, as I landed at two other airports, other than my departing airport. I don't see any other settings either.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

one caution

a quick caution about using the 696 to log your flights...

I discovered that it only records your 50 most recent flights.

My 696 records all airports I land at, even short pit stops for fuel.
Not sure how I would keep up with my logbook without it ;)

My 696 would probably start a new flight if I stopped for gas or powered it down. Where I'm not seeing the airport logging is if I land, taxi back and take off immediately. I'm coming to a full stop but probably not for more than a minute or two. I'm doing a lot of practice landings right now in phase I so it would be nice if the GPS kept track of all those. Plus I don't always update my paper log everytime I fly. You'd think Garmin would consider that if your airspeed went below a certain threshold at an airport that you must have landed and log it. They seemed to have it figured out on the 296 so not sure why it's not working on my 696.