Hi all,

Does anyone use the 695 or 696 in an Airgizmos?? I just ordered one but it seems you have to reach around the side of it to get it to unlatch, which will be impossible once installed in the panel. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand this thing at all from just fumbling with it. Thanks for any input in advance!

Adam

They have a screw on connector that snaps in and out. It is tight and takes a bit of force, but it works fine when mounted in the panel.

Does the tab that rotates the latch disengage the connector easily? I felt like I could have broken the gizmo trying to disengage it without pushing it over from the side of the assembly. Thanks!

The thumb tab on the right frame works as advertised. The only problem with the Airgizmo mount has been damage to the 696's USB connector. Late model Airgizmo mounts have a relief slot cast into the left side frame to provide USB plug clearance. I would not recommend using an early mount without the slot.

In fairness, the 696's USB port appears to be very fragile. I've not opened a 696 case, but examining a few broken ones leads me to believe the port connector is attached to a PCB with no external support at all. The 696 is a great unit, but that port is its Achilles heel.

Thanks for the input! Surely I could dremil out any area to relieve the USB clearance issue? I got this one second hand but it had never been installed.