Jrskygod

Well Known Member
Patron
Can someone give me a clue on how to remove those little spider web like tracks that appear on the map page that show where you have been. Mine is getting cluttered with them. Thanks

Can someone give me a clue on how to remove those little spider web like tracks that appear on the map page that show where you have been. Mine is getting cluttered with them. Thanks

Look under the Automotive Mode in the manual

Automotive Mode Pages and Features > Managing Your Tracks To clear the track log:
1. Press MENU twice to show the Main Menu.
2. Highlight Track, then highlight the Active sub tab to the right.
3. Select the Clear button, and press ENTER.
To save a portion of the track log:
Clearing the Track Log
4. Highlight OK, and press ENTER. Press QUIT to exit. To save the entire track log:
1. Press MENU twice to open the Main Menu.
2. Highlight Track, then highlight the Active sub tab to the right.
3. Use the ROCKER to select Save, and press ENTER.
4. A window pops up asking if you want to save the entire track log. To save the entire track, highlight Yes, and press ENTER.
Saving a Portion of the Track Log
Highlight OK, and press ENTER to save the track. Press QUIT to exit.

GPSMAP 496 Owner?s Manual
1. 2. 3. 4.
Press MENU twice to open the Main Menu.
Highlight the Track tab, and highlight the Active sub tab.
Use the ROCKER to select Save, and press ENTER.
To save only a portion of the track, highlight No, and press ENTER when the window appears.
Select a beginning point, and press ENTER. Select an ending point, and press ENTER. The Track Review Page automatically opens.
Automotive
Saved Sub Tab
The Saved sub tab lists all of the saved tracks in your unit.
Saved Sub Tab
Press MEnU to open the Saved sub tab options menu:
review on Map?shows the highlighted track on the Map Page.
tracBack?navigates the track. You can either navigate the track as it is saved, or you can navigate the track in reverse.
Delete track?erases highlighted track from the unit?s memory. Delete all?erases all tracks from the unit?s memory.

Stretch your legs

Just take longer trips and you won't see them..

Under "setup" you can also choose whether or not to record your tracks, and in the color of your choice. In my ag business, we cluterred it up on day one, so...gone.

That said, near restricted areas, it could be your proof that you did NOT in fact, violate that airspace.

Best,

Thanks for the help.

I never thought to look in the automotive section. Who writes these crazy manuals anyway!!!!!

I just need two buttons "ON" and "->" . The rest make my head hurt. LOL

That said, near restricted areas, it could be your proof that you did NOT in fact, violate that airspace.

Best,

My thinking too, Pierre. Not that I generally skirt SUA that closely, but I live and operate by a bunch of it, so it is nice to keep the tracks plotted...just in case...;)

We had that happen to an operator in California when he skirted an Air Force base enroute to the field he had to spray. He was later accused of drifting chemical onto a lady's yard, on the base, where her daughter was playing.

She was asthmatic (sp?) and had to be hospitalized. When they reviewed his path and location, he was actually over a mile from where the lady lived on base and the wind for that day was away from the base, so all charges were dropped.

Best,