Steve Sampson

Well Known Member
I have a 496 and am a little puzzled about its behavour.

Sometimes when I look back at it, in flight, I find that it has 'declutered' itself and sometimes changed the scale. For the latter I have to use the 'in' and 'out' buttons to get it back as I want. For the former I usually turn it off and on again.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thoughts/

Also, when I turn it on it is always set on a very small scale so I have to use the 'in' button several times. Is it possible to define how it starts up?

Defaults...

.....seem to be factory pre-set, Steve. Mine zooms in when I have a go-to waypoint selected so that the end of the purple line is right at the top of the screen. As I get closer and the line shortens, it zooms again automatically, and I kinda like it this way. When I override mine and zoom it to where I want, then it stays that way until the next time I boot it up.

I ferry kinda low going to and from fields I spray, so I constantly get "terrain warning". I then go to the terrain page, hit "menu" then select "disable alerts" which it does but then the next day it returns to factory default again. Play with the "menu" button on the different pages to see what you can and cannot do.

Regards,

Mine zooms in when I have a go-to waypoint selected so that the end of the purple line is right at the top of the screen.

This is the "Auto zoom" behavior, which is enabled by default - but, if you'd rather not have it do that, you can easily disable it using the map setup page.

I ferry kinda low going to and from fields I spray, so I constantly get "terrain warning". I then go to the terrain page, hit "menu" then select "disable alerts" which it does but then the next day it returns to factory default again.

If you never want to receive terrain warnings ever again, you can change the terrain alert sensitivity to "Off" using the terrain setup page. Of course if it's just certain times you want the unit to be quiet, temporarily disabling alerts beforehand like you're doing is probably the better way to go.

good luck,
mcb