Usually, the purple line is the flight plan line - have you gone in and checked to see if there is an active flight plan? that's the only guess I've got.....sorry....

You could send a PM to MBurch if he doesn't answer here - I've found he knows a fair amount about the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul has it right, that is your flight plan line. Click on page until your destination page comes up (I think that is what they call it) click menu and then "Cancel Active" or "Deactivate". Unless of course (pun intended) you intend to fly there!

Traceback!

Well, you guys were close, and what you said helped me find the culprit. It actually was playing back a previous flight track!

Thanks.

Q: What would I do without this forum?

A: I guess fly around with an ugly old line on the screen!

Last edited:
Thanks, Matt. Generally I think that would be the answer but it turns out I had turned on playback of a previous track. Once I turned that off the line went away and all is well again.

I didn't even know you could do that. I think there is a market for a "X96 for Dummies" kind of book with all the features that are not in the manual. For example I don't think the manual covers how to "rubber band" a route.

"Rubber Band"

Not to hi-jack the thread-----is it possible to "rubber band" a route on a 3-496? If so, how?