Vince Koehn

Well Known Member
Can I take the serial output that runs from my Garmin 430 to my GI-106A indicator and split the wire to two different instruments? I know the Garmin has more than one serial output, but reason being the indicator wire is much easier to get to than the extra serial out pin on the back of the garmim tray.

Splitting Serial Outputs

In general, the answer is YES, you can split a serial output to go a couple of places. You can't, of course, tie two serial lines together into a common input however. I have my 430 output split three ways if I remember correctly....

Paul

As Paul said...yes...but you need to make sure the Serial output you're using and splitting is the same data stream the "other" item is looking for. You can set the serial outputs to send different data on different ports. Works that way in most of the Garmin boxes as well as EFIS's.

Cheers,
Stein.

It looks as tho pins 41, 54, 56, 58 are the serial outs on the Garmin 430. I have pin 56 wired to the Digitrak. It may be about as easy to pull the 430 drop the wire off the back of the tray and run a wire into one of the other serials. I have control over the output format than as well. Weather is supposed to be cold, windy, and cloudy over the next few days....might just do that.

OK then, how about other data streams?

Subject says it all... How about splitting ARINC 429 outputs to multiple devices?

John
#40208 Wings on hold during move