DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
I 've seen in times past several post on the suggested interface set up for the Garmin 396, EZ Pilot wing leveler and Dynon 180 combo. I don't have any Com radios freq to drive. I've just upgraded from a 196 to 396 and am trying to get the interface reset correctly . The " course" holds great on the EZ However the "Track" doesn't. Presently I believe the NMEA setup output is what I want however, doesn't seem to work correctly now. I have not adjusted the Advanced output settings at this time. The 196 worked perfectly in both Course and Track . Anyone know the setup I need? I believe the problem is in the Garmin setup. I did find where the recommended setting for the EZ pilot response for the RV was as follows: Fine CRSQLT=2 / Fine TRK QLT = 1 and / Pull in = 8 . Any suggestions?

I 've seen in times past several post on the suggested interface set up for the Garmin 396, EZ Pilot wing leveler and Dynon 180 combo. I don't have any Com radios freq to drive. I've just upgraded from a 196 to 396 and am trying to get the interface reset correctly . The " course" holds great on the EZ However the "Track" doesn't. Presently I believe the NMEA setup output is what I want however, doesn't seem to work correctly now. I have not adjusted the Advanced output settings at this time. The 196 worked perfectly in both Course and Track . Anyone know the setup I need? I believe the problem is in the Garmin setup. I did find where the recommended setting for the EZ pilot response for the RV was as follows: Fine CRSQLT=2 / Fine TRK QLT = 1 and / Pull in = 8 . Any suggestions?

Dennis, sounds like the 396 isn't sending NMEA to the EZ-Pilot. Most likely all you need to do is activate the NMEA output in the 396. Take another look at the Garmin menus and look for a place to check for NMEA out. The default NMEA settings will probably work fine with the EZ-Pilot.