Kahuna

Moderatoring
Who can tell me what the "TIS Connect Select" pin 46 on the 330 does? It goes to the 430 Connector P40001 pin 11. From the manual
tisselect.jpg

I dont get this section fro the manual. Pleae splain it to me.
THanks

I couldn't figure this out either when I was planning my radio stack wiring, so I asked someone I know who knows more about the GTX 330 than I do. His reply was:

It needs to be wired if it is desirable to override how the GTX will automatically select TIS operation. I think it is typically wired in 430/530 installations. If you do not wire it, chances are that the pilot will be annoyed that he cannot make the 430/530 report "TIS standby" instead of "TIS unavailable". I do not believe it is an absolute requirement. You are free to make the choice not to wire it.

I'm still not 100% clear on why it's needed, but since it's just one more wire I'll probably hook it up in my installation.

cheers,
mcb

Last edited:
Back when I was working on TCAS there was an inhibit feature that was required so TCAS would not be blaring at you on approach when traffic would obviously be in close proximity. It was normally inhibited from the radio altimeter at a specific altitute so perhaps this is some type of inhibit for the TIS alerts which would be very nice to have. Certaily don't need a bunch of distractions when you're on approach or in the pattern.