tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I am wiring the 12v power to my Garmin 327 transponder from an avionics bus that takes power from the main bus through the avionics switch. That 12v power goes to pin 15 on the 327 connector.

I notice that the Garmin 327 pin 1 is supposed to connect to the avionics master switch, hot side.

I have three choices:

1) Do not connect pin 1.
In which case power will come to the 327 into pin 15 when the unit is turned on. That power will generate when the avionics switch is in the on position.

2) Connect pin 1 on the 327 to the hot side of the avionics switch.

3) Connect pin 1 on the 327 to the same terminal on the avionics fuseblock, which seems to be electrically the same as 2) above.

I am not sure what the function of the pin one input is. Can anyone shed light on this question?

Thanks

It just automatically turns on the transponder when power is applied to pin 1. That's why they mentioned wiring it to your avionics master.

It's not required, just a feature if you want to use it.

bob

In most all installs where an avionics master switch is involved, pins 1 and 15 are wired together to power. This way the TX will turn on when the avionics master is turned on. If you don't do this you have to push the on or standby button each time.