jlwiegand

I'm New Here
My unit was repaired by garmin and came back with a message the data card was bad.
Question: Could it be the data is just corupt? And how do i read/write data to the card if i can find the files?

Did Garmin say the data card was bad?

If so, you will need to buy a new card from Garmin and then download the Jeppeson nav data to it through a card reader ---- or, buy a preloaded data card.

Skybound

You will need the Jeppessen Skybound cardreader and then download the Jeppesen Services Update Manager. It's available on the Jepp web site.

I just did this last week and had to call Jepp and talk to a real live person to buy either a single update, ($95.00 plus tax) or a one year subscripteion which is 13 updates ($295) plus tax $304.00. They will activate you within about 20 minutes and you just plug your card into the Skybound reader and start JSUM and viola.. you have an update.

Watch the dates of the updates if your only going to do one. I did it on the 8th of February and the update came available on the 4th, but wasn't active until the 11th and my first update was already going to expire in 3 days. Lesson learned for me.

4353931049_c56f38fcd2.jpg