PaulR

Well Known Member
Since I've been building I haven't been flying much. I had the opportunity the past weekend to fly so I took it. After replacing the batteries in my 195 and powered it on, I got a message that the internal battery was dead/low. I had lost all my settings and some waypoints I had put in it.
I've seen the posts on replacing the internal battery in the 295/6 and wondered if anyone had ever done that on a 195. I hate to send it to Garmin, but I haven't bought the new handheld for my 9A yet as I'm a ways from flying.

Any help would be appreciated.

There's an internal battery in a GPSMAP-195? News to me. I've had one for 11 years and have never replaced any internal (other than the AA) battery. Can't say I've had it powered off for more than 3 weeks however.

Must be

I thought it was odd also, but when I checked the user's manual the message says that the internal battery is dead or low and must be returned to the factory for servicing. I'm a little reluctant to do that knowing that in the not too distant future I'm going to buy an x96 for the panel.

I'm just hoping someone else has changed them instead of sending them back to Garmin and will impart their advice.