Marc DeGirolamo

Well Known Member
I have a Garmin 195. When I download the track data from it and transpose it onto Google Earth as per Doug's instructions (GPS Visualizer) I can 't get the vertical feature (connect to ground) as seen in the snapshots..........I've tried everything figuring that I missed something but still 'no joy'. Can it be that my GPS unit does not track altitude ?? What am I missing here...anyone else having this problem ?? :eek:

You'll have to check with Garmin or maybe someone else here knows. I know my Lowrance Airmap 600C GPS does NOT save altitude information with the ground track. Very disappointing. I have to use a PDA GPS solution for ground tracks WITH altitude.

Track Altitude

svanarts said:
You'll have to check with Garmin or maybe someone else here knows. I know my Lowrance Airmap 600C GPS does NOT save altitude information with the ground track. Very disappointing. I have to use a PDA GPS solution for ground tracks WITH altitude.

I just read through the manual and found that if you are not using the GOTO or Route features that the Vertical Navigation does not work......I generally use the User Waypoint feature so those tracks that I downloaded probably did not have an altitude component...???
I wish I could go out and try using GOTO or ROUTE, but we just had one heck of a snowstorm here and my plane has 6 inches of snow on it (and it is in the hangar :( )......I'll have to wait till spring.........