cbrown747

I am moving into a new home that has a garage size of 20 x 20 and ceilings of 9'. I know the rv-10 is 24' 5" completed but I would like to know how much of the building process I could complete in the garage before moving it to a hangar to attach the wings, etc..

a 20x20 building should be about 28.3' diagonally. It would be a really tight squeeze, but you have a shot of getting the whole fuselage in there.

a 20x20 building should be about 28.3' diagonally. It would be a really tight squeeze, but you have a shot of getting the whole fuselage in there.

I built mine in a standard two car garage. If you go to mykitlog site, you'll see how much other junk I had in my garage too. The first two years, I only used one bay, so the wife's car was inside during the winter.

I was about six inches too short to hang the engine in my garage. (again too much other stuff). However, I did have the RV-10 in the garage for the first 3.5 years of the build.

With the tailcone on, I could put it in aligned like a car, but there were only a few inches to spar. This made it difficult to work on during the winter. The last year or so, it was diagonal across the two bays so that I could walk around both sides.

It did require seasonal garage re-arrangements depending if I needed lawn or snow equipment easily available.

I know plenty of folks that completed their entire build in the garage.

bob