I started with manual but changed it to auto after my first night flight.
You don’t want to have to remember to switch off the wig wag at 100’
Which is about where I noticed it.
I have the airspeed set at 85kts.

I started with manual but changed it to auto after my first night flight.
You don’t want to have to remember to switch off the wig wag at 100’
Which is about where I noticed it.
I have the airspeed set at 85kts.
Mine is set to manual, mainly I don't necessarily need it to be on when I am up high and also, if I understood it right, it will not come on during landing. I want my wigwag on during take off and landing during the day.

Learning

My 10 panel did the same as 14 but should not have. Could have saved some switch space. When I depart (day or night) turn on taxi, landing and wig-wag. Landing the same. Why have 3 switches when only 1 needed? Is it bad form to have landing lights on when you are taxiing? Strobes a different story, please turn off while taxiing. Aveo wig-wags uses taxi lights by the way.

Last edited:
Should be GAD 27 (GAD29 is ARINC)
I'm a control freak so I like using a switch for OFF-WW-LDG

I have a manual config. The 'wig wag' switch has priority. I keep the wig wag ON at all times except taxi and night ops.

Auto

Auto, then it is a non brainer and one less switch, or switch function, on the panel. What do i have it set for? Good question, I should review my settings. I want it set to flap speed, so 85 kts

I’m set up for manual using a single switch (OFF-ON-ON) which is wired for OFF-ON-WW/ON.

If I decide to try out the auto function using flap speed, my assumption is the alternating flash input is ignored which makes the switch OFF-ON-ON >85 knots and OFF-WW-WW 85 knots and below.

Is my assumption correct?