rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I am having trouble with my pitch trim. I have had a couple times that I have to over power the trim as it pitched up too much. I know the G3X and VPX do not play well together and I have the trim disabled on the G3X. I have tried several settings and still no luck. I just flew and the trim up ranaway again. As long as you slow down to about 100k, it is not too bad but you wouldnt want to do it for a long time. I have the standard Ray Allen Trim system.

My questions.
1. Is there a way I can limit the trim up and down so it can never travel more than I want?
2. Does anyone with a G3X and VPX have the configuration numbers they will share with me?
3. In the VPX configuration menu, the Pitch Trim Status and the position the trim is in do not match. My understanding is to run the trim to where you want it for each tick and then record that number in the box. When it doesnt change that doesnt work. (this picture is from when I was trying different numbers) These are the numbers I would like to have.

Thanks for the help. I disabled the pitch trim now so I dont have to cut a flight short again but would like to get it working again. I really only use it landing but it is nice to lower the stick force.

Attachments

• trim 1.jpeg
    trim 1.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16
I haven’t had trouble with VPX+G3X on my 9A. Have you confirmed motor and switch polarity is correct? Are you running the trim circuit thru the G3X autopilot servo (for autotrim)? Is the Ray Allen indicator in use or are you indicating on the G3X via the VPX sensing pins?

I agree, ran hundreds of hours on my 7 with the VPX and the G3X. Sorry I can't share my exact settings because the airplane belongs to someone else and I don't remember them or have them recorded anyway.

I did use the auto trim feature of the G3X as well as the G3X trim speed control. I turned the speed control function off in the VP-X which I think is recommended per the manual.

On to the issue with the trim runaway. The way my plane was configured, any continuous trim signal longer than like 3 seconds would lock out the motor until the signal was cycled off then back on.

I am not following you on your issue with the indicator setup settings. Are you saying that your pitch trim status position variable does not change when you move the trim up or down?