maus92

Well Known Member
I'm busy configuring the G3X, and have a question about assigning the appropriate options Shunt 1 and Shunt 2 - note that I'm using a VP-X Pro, and have no physical shunt installed. If I configure Shunt 1 as "Vertical Power Main Bus Amps," I get a readout of total amps in whole numbers on the G3X engine page, which agrees with what is displayed on the schematic on the VP page.

There is another set of Vertical Power-specific options in the G3X shunt setup. Shunt 1 can be configured as "Vertical Power Bus 1 Amps" and Shunt 2 "Vertical Power Bus 2 Amps." However, configuring the G3X with these options leads to red "x-out" for both amps 1 & 2 indicators. I'm curious about how these options are supposed to be used - I initially though they we monitoring VP-X Bank A and Bank B separately, but I'm just not sure.

Note that these results were seen when the airplane is fed from a power supply.

Hello maus92,

With your VP-X unit, "Vertical Power Main Bus Amps" is the correct configuration. The "Vertical Power Bus 1/2 Amps" settings are applicable only to the VP-200 unit. We will make sure to clarify this in a future installation manual revision.

- Matt