hgerhardt

Well Known Member
Installed ver. 8 software into my almost-flying 2-screen G3X/GSU73/GTN650 system and found what I think is a software bug...

Trying to perform the Pitch/Roll Offset calibration. Select Pitch/Roll Offset and press Enter, and it performs the cal, as it should, then after a few seconds, it reports SUCCESS, then at the bottom of the page is the DONE button, which takes you back to the previous page. On this page, it reports that the test is NOT DONE. Tried several times and got the same result.

Anyone else tried this yet?

Hello hgerhardt,

Can you confirm that your GSU 73 is running software version 3.00, your GSU 73 config module is connected properly, and no error indications are displayed for the GSU 73 on the MAIN config page?

- Matt

Installed ver. 8 software into my almost-flying 2-screen G3X/GSU73/GTN650 system and found what I think is a software bug...

Trying to perform the Pitch/Roll Offset calibration. Select Pitch/Roll Offset and press Enter, and it performs the cal, as it should, then after a few seconds, it reports SUCCESS, then at the bottom of the page is the DONE button, which takes you back to the previous page. On this page, it reports that the test is NOT DONE. Tried several times and got the same result.

Anyone else tried this yet?

Hello hgerhardt,

Can you confirm that your GSU 73 is running software version 3.00, your GSU 73 config module is connected properly, and no error indications are displayed for the GSU 73 on the MAIN config page?

- Matt

Matt, the 73 is running 3.00 and the config module is connected properly and no errors...

That said, went back to my hangar last nite to check those things and saw that the Pitch/Roll Offset line where previously it said "not done" was now blank... hmmm, this is new.

What I had done yesterday afternoon was to do the pitch/roll offset about a dozen times and each time got the same result, as my original post indicated. BUT, one thing I did before I went home yesterday was to perform the Magnetometer calibration, even though it says not to until the pitch/roll cal is complete. Did the cal, and got a "success", and then back to the main page, where it said "not done". That's when I threw in the towel and made the post above.

This morning, I saw that the Pitch/Roll Offset line was still blank. So, did the magnetometer cal again and this time it worked.

It looks like you have to do the mag cal even if the pitch/roll offset says "not done".

One other datapoint: I had been running 7.40 and successfully performed the pitch/roll offset but not the mag cal yet.

At the moment, all seems to be OK.

Heinrich