dfechter

One change to "5" was: "Added ability to display GSU power input voltage instead of monitoring an external bus voltage circuit." Does anyone know what this is? I'm hoping it is to show battery and/or GPU voltage. Where can I find it?

One change to "5" was: "Added ability to display GSU power input voltage instead of monitoring an external bus voltage circuit." Does anyone know what this is? I'm hoping it is to show battery and/or GPU voltage. Where can I find it?

You can monitor up to two voltage inputs, which you'd normally do by connecting a wire to the appropriate voltage input on the GSU 73. But, if that same input voltage is already the same as what's being used to power the GSU 73 itself, you can tell it to monitor its own power input voltage instead of having to run a separate wire. You configure this via the ENG page in config mode (see section 8 in the install manual). I believe the selections are labeled "GSU Power Input 1" for VOLTS 1 and "GSU Power Input 2" for VOLTS 2.

mcb

So then, (the instrumentation geek asks), can I still run two wires, with one of them going to, say, and Aux Battery bus, and display THREE different voltages? (The "virtual" one from the GSU internal, and those from the two wires?

One can never have too much data....;)

So then, (the instrumentation geek asks), can I still run two wires, with one of them going to, say, and Aux Battery bus, and display THREE different voltages? (The "virtual" one from the GSU internal, and those from the two wires?

At the moment, the maximum number of voltage or current gauges supported is two, regardless of where the data comes from. But you can certainly use them to monitor a main bus voltage and an aux bus voltage, if that's how your airplane is configured.

I personally like to use a separate wire to monitor aircraft bus voltage anyway, rather than using the GSU's power input as described previously... the dedicated VOLTS inputs on the GSU have better resolution and update more quickly than the internal power monitors, and so are better for instrumentation. Really this feature of being able to use the power input instead of running a separate wire to monitor voltage is a software tweak that got put in thanks to the cajoling of a certain magazine editor you may know, and then he turned around and sold his darn airplane! ;)

mcb

Really this feature of being able to use the power input instead of running a separate wire to monitor voltage is a software tweak that got put in thanks to the cajoling of a certain magazine editor you may know, and then he turned around and sold his darn airplane! ;)

Ahhh yes...the "I am tired of running all these Blessed tiny wires!" guy.....:D

Wires are like rivets - you keep installing them until the job is done!