dfechter

Change 6.10 says: "Added ability to configure PFD2 to show full-screen MFD pages in addition to a full-screen PFD page. " Does anyone know how to make this happen?

As with all technology, the documentation is slightly behind the software. In config mode, access the display config page, press the OPTIONS softkey, and change "PFD2 layout" to "User Selected". Now, in normal mode, you can access the Display Setup page from the main menu and change "PFD2 Layout" to three different settings, one of which is "PFD/MFD" which allows the copilot to navigate between a full-screen PFD page and full-screen MFD pages.

mcb

Matt,

I'm just curious. At Airventure, the G3X software showed on option on whether to use an external or the internal GPS. I thought you mentioned that an update beyond 6.10 was in the works for an August 2011 release.

Is that still the case?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm just curious. At Airventure, the G3X software showed on option on whether to use an external or the internal GPS. I thought you mentioned that an update beyond 6.10 was in the works for an August 2011 release.

Is that still the case?

Yes... look for that software release in the next week or two (it's out for beta testing now). Things with the transponder were slowed down a bit thanks to the FAA's unscheduled vacation, hence the slight delay. Oh the wonderful world of TSO'd equipment! :)

mcb

FYI, the software update mentioned above is now available for download (click here).

[Edit] ...and the newest revision of the install manual is here.

mcb

Last edited:
TAS

MATT,

Please tell me this update is going to help the GTS800 to G3X screen transition!!!
I am out of town for business but excited to update my system when I get back.

95 hours on the G3X and loving it.

Great Software Update

FYI, the software update mentioned above is now available for download (click here).

mcb

WOW!!! If you call this a minor number release what would a major number release look like. You took pretty much everything I wanted and multiplied it times ten.

My G3X was delivered Wednesday :D but the Install kit was back-ordered :(. I can't wait to get it installed and start playing with all of the new features.

Now I need to go back through all of my earlier posts and edit them.

One thing Garmin has going for em is the speed in which they can deliver new features....

Sep 2011 Manual link still downloads older Rev E manual

It looks like the "Install Manual" Rev date changed to Sep, 2011 on the manuals download page, but the manual that downloads from that link is still the older manual. Both are Rev E.

It looks like the "Install Manual" Rev date changed to Sep, 2011 on the manuals download page, but the manual that downloads from that link is still the older manual. Both are Rev E.

Sometimes it takes a few hours for changes to propagate to the various CDN servers. Give it a few hours and try again...

mcb

As with all technology, the documentation is slightly behind the software. In config mode, access the display config page, press the OPTIONS softkey, and change "PFD2 layout" to "User Selected". Now, in normal mode, you can access the Display Setup page from the main menu and change "PFD2 Layout" to three different settings, one of which is "PFD/MFD" which allows the copilot to navigate between a full-screen PFD page and full-screen MFD pages.

mcb

Great! When we had SteinAir do the panel, we asked for a switch to change the 3rd G3X to go between full-screen MFD and split-screen PFD. It worked fine except all power had to be off to make the change then reboot. I had the primary PFD default to split-screen mode to have voltage and fuel pressure/flow available before start but didn't like the split-screen mode for flying. I wanted just PFD so setting a heading wouldn't take a pre-button push. Now we get split screen before start and after starting and turning on the MFD, the PFD defaults to a straight PFD. Having split PFD or full MFD available anytime on the 3rd G3X should be a real advantage too.

Last edited:
You may want to have Stein take a look at section A.1.3 in the install manual... it specifically says don't put a switch on those lines. :) But you can connect a switch to pin 25 if for some reason you want a quick way to manually force a display into reversionary mode.

mcb