Hopefully this question lands in the right location. If not,,, sorry Doug. I have a GTN 650 with 2 G3X touch screens and have managed to get through most issues involving user ignorance. The one thing that continues to bug me is when in chart mode I can't get it to track up on the screen. Is this possible or should I just get over it?

Hopefully this question lands in the right location. If not,,, sorry Doug. I have a GTN 650 with 2 G3X touch screens and have managed to get through most issues involving user ignorance. The one thing that continues to bug me is when in chart mode I can't get it to track up on the screen. Is this possible or should I just get over it?

Chart mode is only north up, the reasoning is it would be difficult to read charts upside down. There may have been a update to allow track up, but this was the case a year ago. I default the MFD to chart mode and the PFD to split screen with map mode.

G3X question

Thanks for the answer. It's an awesome panel without a doubt . Not a deal breaker but upside down or not I would track up if possible.

Garmin's map is a nice alternative and gives that option. If you touch a navaid or airport on the map can pull up freq's etc. Easy to toggle between the two - map and chart.

Thanks guys. I've been flying with foreflight for years and have been spoiled to the track up. I have been using the map. You know??? "Old dog new trick" . I'm very happy with the panel and all the options garmin has in there.