Matheus

I'm New Here
Hello folks. The thing is I got 2 GDU46X screens in my RV10´s panel. Yesterday when I turned it on I got the red X (on both screens) over altitude tape, OAT and TAS, rebooted the system but it did not worked anyway. Airspeed, AOA, HDG, Atitude and everything else are working fine. I have not got the time looking for the trouble yet. I was wondering if you could give me some help. As I´m not much familiar with installation stuff, where should I start the troubleshooting process? Hope it is an easy trick to make it work again. Thank you all in advance. Regards, Matheus - Brazil.

Last edited:
I would start by reviewing the troubleshooting procedures provided in the installation manual section 33-1, which can be downloaded from the Garmin website. http://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-01_W.pdf

According to the manual,
The OAT and TAS functions being inop indicate a failure of the OAT probe.

The altitude failure could be a static port issue or failure of the GSU 25 ADAHRS.

I believe partial failure of the ADAHRS could also cause the OAT and TAS to fail.

It could also simply be a loose connector.....

Last edited:
Hello folks. The thing is I got 2 GDU46X screens in my RV10?s panel. Yesterday when I turned it on I got the red X (on both screens) over altitude tape, OAT and TAS, rebooted the system but it did not worked anyway. Airspeed, AOA, HDG, Atitude and everything else are working fine. I have not got the time looking for the trouble yet. I was wondering if you could give me some help. As I?m not much familiar with installation stuff, where should I start the troubleshooting process? Hope it is an easy trick to make it work again. Thank you all in advance. Regards, Matheus - Brazil.

Hello Matheus,

Sorry you are having troubles. You came here instead of coming to Garmin, so perhaps you prefer crowd sourced support (and that is fine), but if you need our help please contact us at [email protected] and we can quickly get to the source of this issue.

OAT and TAS will always be failed when altitude is failed, so that is where we will start.

Thanks,
Steve

Thank you Bill. I will read the manual and as soon as I get to the plane I will first check all the connectors. Regards.

Hello Matheus,

Sorry you are having troubles. You came here instead of coming to Garmin, so perhaps you prefer crowd sourced support (and that is fine), but if you need our help please contact us at [email protected] and we can quickly get to the source of this issue.

OAT and TAS will always be failed when altitude is failed, so that is where we will start.

Thanks,
Steve

Hello G3xpert. Actually I did not remember you exist! I came here because I thought this may be some easy kind of bug to solve and perhaps some other people have experimented the same trouble. But now I will contact you by email. Thanks you. Regards.