nickwj

Hi,

I've just installed a G3X Touch system with a GTX23 transponder and GTR225A radio. Powered them up and all fine except the 460 display does not recognise the GTR225A. I've check everything over but cannot see why it doesn't 'see' the radio.

There is no specific install diagram (that I can find) so I've wired it as follows,

460 - pin 14 (RS232 In 2) to GTR225 - pin 1 (RS 232 Out 1)
460 - pin 30 (RS232 Out 2) to GTR225 - pin 16 (RS 232 In 1)
460 - pin 44 (Signal Ground) to GTR225 - pin 31 (RS 232 Gnd)

460 - pin 1 (Mono Audio Out Hi) to GTR225 - pin 3 (Aux Audio line level Hi)
460 - pin 18 (Mono Audio Out) to GTR225 - pin 19 (Aux Audio Line level Gnd)

Could anyone let me know where I've gone wrong or is there something obvious I'm missing.

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Nick
G-RVWJ
UK

Hi,

I've just installed a G3X Touch system with a GTX23 transponder and GTR225A radio. Powered them up and all fine except the 460 display does not recognise the GTR225A. I've check everything over but cannot see why it doesn't 'see' the radio.

There is no specific install diagram (that I can find) so I've wired it as follows,

460 - pin 14 (RS232 In 2) to GTR225 - pin 1 (RS 232 Out 1)
460 - pin 30 (RS232 Out 2) to GTR225 - pin 16 (RS 232 In 1)
460 - pin 44 (Signal Ground) to GTR225 - pin 31 (RS 232 Gnd)

460 - pin 1 (Mono Audio Out Hi) to GTR225 - pin 3 (Aux Audio line level Hi)
460 - pin 18 (Mono Audio Out) to GTR225 - pin 19 (Aux Audio Line level Gnd)

Could anyone let me know where I've gone wrong or is there something obvious I'm missing.

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Nick
G-RVWJ
UK

Hello Nick,

Your wiring looks to be in agreement with the guidance on page 24-13 of the Rev. W G3X Installation Manual.

Have you performed the serial port configuration specified on that page for both the GDU and the GTR?

Once it is communicating over the serial port, you will then go to the "COM Radio" configuration page and select this radio to be your COM1 or COM2 radio as described on page 32-124.

Let us know if you have additional questions. Our contact information is below.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
Thanks for confirming the pin interface is correct, that's very reassuring and I'll check the configuration. Trouble is, sliding the radio in and out numerous times somehow I've now 'bent' a pin on the radio d-sub. :mad:

So, taking a break and will go again tomorrow.

Nick

Thanks for your help, I had missed that diagram in the manual. It's now configured correctly and everything is working.
Your assistance is really appreciated.
Nick

Nick

You will like this set-up in the long run. We have the GDU-460 and the 255-B tide to it. The radio and the GTX-23 couple very nicely. I find that tuning the radio without having to touch the screen works very well and then I can just look at the box in the upper corner of the GDU while flying to check my flip-flop setting. If you can add the auto pilot controller head and you will like having that dedication control off screen as well. You have one of the best set-ups there is going, "Day-night VFR" there is right now. Keep up the good work.
Yours as always, R.E.A. III #80888