drmax

Well Known Member
If only installed efis, then with its required installed gps,and you have autopilot you can then rubberband using your finger to draw on the screen, correct? Now include the 650 as the certified nav source. I still want to be able to do wut I described above, but was told by another, no. Your rubber banding will be done on the 650. Anyone? I would rather be doing this on the larger efis display. Ha and not doing the 750. You'd think there'd be switching between the 2 systems.

Hello Dr. Max,

The G3X system allows the pilot to select at any time whether he wants to either follow the GPS flight plan being provided by an external IFR GPS navigator, or to use the G3X displays' own internal flight planning capability. So, the short answer to your question is "both". Section 6 of the current G3X Touch Pilot's Guide will provide you with examples of how this can work.

- Matt

Just to be clear, though... If you're rubber-banding on the G3X Touch screen, it will not transfer back the flight plan changes to the GTN? You're changing the G3X's input source to the internal VFR GPS, and running solely off the G3X Touch's internal flight plan at that point, right?

Just to be clear, though... If you're rubber-banding on the G3X Touch screen, it will not transfer back the flight plan changes to the GTN? You're changing the G3X's input source to the internal VFR GPS, and running solely off the G3X Touch's internal flight plan at that point, right?

Scott - Yes, that is correct. The IFR navigator does not have a mechanism to receive flight plan data from the G3X display, so flight plan changes made on the G3X system when using the "internal" flight plan source are not reflected on the GTN.

- Matt