maus92

Well Known Member
I just noticed this today - no reception "bars" / sat number depicted in "Info" tab (see photo below.) Normally I have full bars and satellite numbers spread across the screen, but today - nothing. I was diagnosing the autopilot's inability to hold at 5500' (porpoising +/- 150-200 feet either way - normally its rock solid on altitude.) Pretty weird. I cannot say this was related to the latest software update, but I can say that it is the last device on the CANBUS chain, and the device before it is the pitch servo that had trouble updating (and possibly causing the porpoising?.) Not sure if it's related or not....

Inflight "Info tab"photo:
2j35nbb.jpg

Configuration Mode page:
ddlw6o.jpg

Ground "Info tab" photo
24e2lg6.jpg

BTW, what is the difference between "3D GPS Position" and "3D Differential?"

Last edited:
I just hooked up the 20A to my CanBus network today (only RS232 to the transponder previously), and noticed the same thing. Did not know if that was normal or not.

eq1nnp.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled some data from the flight log. Savvy analysis graphs:

Re: porpoising - around minute :35 is when I noticed the porpoising:

35me62o.png

Re: sats - seems to some a number of sats received:

2cdy61w.png

Hello Charley,

As you have discovered, both the GPS Fix status and the number of tracked satellites are logged in the SD card flight data log, but the Info page is only showing the GPS Fix status for the GPS 20A.

We will improve this status page in both G3X and G3X Touch systems in the next release to show the satellite position and signal strength for the GPS 20A.

The pilot guide explains the difference between a 3D fix and a 3D Differential fix, but in general the 3D Differential fix is the highest accuracy since it includes the signal corrections transmitted by the WAAS satellites.

If you need our help with improving autopilot performance, it is probably best to contact us directly.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited: