tomhanaway

Well Known Member
Setup as above.
Oat wired to ahrs 1 and works fine.
Ahrs 2 shows red x in configuration for no outside temp.
Can I splice the single oat probe to both units?

Or do I have to run a second oat?

Thanks,
Tom H

sounds like a configuration issue. You should be able to change the settings in config mode to display the OAT on both displays

Configuration mode shows both ahars have air data. Presumably one is feeding the other through can bus
Still have red x for ahars 2 temp under systems.

Any suggestions?

Tom,
Refer to page 29-7 of rev. S of the install manual. From the configuration mode, go to the LRU configuration page disable the OAT for the ADAHARS that does not have the OAT proE connected. Also, you must disable the AOA from the ADAHARS that does not have that port used.

Last edited:
I assume you jumpered them properly as ahars 1 and 2...... FYI... You can't splice the probes and shouldn't need to....

Bill,
Have to look into jump pins to indicate units 1 & 2.
My generated wire schematic didn't indicate anything like that.
Yep, garmin install manual shows jumping pins 4&5 (ID and ID ground) for unit 2.
Second mistake found in generated schematic.
I'll add the jumper and see how it goes.

Thanks so much for your help.
Tom

Last edited:
Tom,
That should take care of it. Jumper J252 pins 4 and 5 together on ADAHRS 2. Leave them open on #1.

Last edited:
Darn, thought jumper pins was going to be the answer. Finally got under there and I had jumpered pins 4&5 of the secondary unit, in j252.

Tom

Tom,
Just to confirm

ADAHRS 1 has GMU 22 on J252
ADAHRS 1 has GTP59 J252 pins 1 2 3

ADAHRS 2 has pins 4 and 5 connected together

You have the CAN termination at the proper location at the end of the bus and all LRUs have power

I just realized I was having one of those really DUH moments.
The red x shows up on the system page. It was actually adahrs 1 which is the one wired with the OAT.

Of course it's showing an " invalid" message. I'm still building in the garage and the wings ( with oat probe wiring) aren't connected at the wing root.

Sorry to have had you chasing gremlins, Bill, but I really do appreciate it.

Tom