hgerhardt

Well Known Member
The G3X Touch has remote tuning which I love, especially now that it works with the GTN's. Next time Garmin updates a GMA xx audio panel, one feature that would be cool to have (if you have 2 COM's) is to be able to see on the GDU 46x which COM is active for xmit without looking at the GMA. You could display a thin green box (or some other highlight) around the active COM frequency window.

To make that work, you could include a discrete in the GMA...

Heinrich

i wish satellite radio would let you display the song name somewhere other than the SXM page

my copilot is always switching to SXM to see who the artist/song is and it often leaves my MFD on the SXM page

i wish satellite radio would let you display the song name somewhere other than the SXM page

my copilot is always switching to SXM to see who the artist/song is and it often leaves my MFD on the SXM page

An iPad with Garmin Pilot should allow that person to view and change channels via Connext.

Or at least just add bluetooth to the GMA 240 and I'm sure lots of experimental builders/drivers would be happy. One less piece of cable clutter in the cockpit.

Add bluetooth? It's not a software feature my friend, that would require new hardware

Fully aware of the need for hardware modification. I don't have my panel yet, so that's why I'm floating the idea out there. I'm purchasing everything for the panel mid this year, so I'm hoping that Garmin will have something ready for the experimental market by then. There next best current option is approximately $1k more expensive than the GMA 240. One can only hope.
Cheers,
Tom.

The G3X Touch has remote tuning which I love, especially now that it works with the GTN's. Next time Garmin updates a GMA xx audio panel, one feature that would be cool to have (if you have 2 COM's) is to be able to see on the GDU 46x which COM is active for xmit without looking at the GMA. You could display a thin green box (or some other highlight) around the active COM frequency window.

Or at least just add bluetooth to the GMA 240 and I'm sure lots of experimental builders/drivers would be happy. One less piece of cable clutter in the cockpit.

Hello,

Good news, the new GMA 245/245R audio panels have Bluetooth media and phone capability, and they support feature-rich integration with G3X Touch displays including an on-screen indication of the selected com radio. And best of all, the GMA 245 is a slide-in replacement for the GMA 240. More information can be found in this thread.

- Matt

Matt, Steve-- you guys must have laughed when I asked that question as I'm sure these units were production-ready when I wrote that question. Thanks for reading my mind before I said it!

And explains why you never commented either!

Heinrich

Matt, Steve-- you guys must have laughed when I asked that question as I'm sure these units were production-ready when I wrote that question. Thanks for reading my mind before I said it!

And explains why you never commented either!

Yes, we frequently know more than we can say, and it is often hard not to spill the beans, but we have gotten pretty good at it. :)

- Matt

Blutooth at a reasonable price from Garmin, along with a G5 backup. All my dreams have come true just before I pull the trigger on the avionics purchase. Thanks Team-X, it really is appreciated!
Tom.