carrollcw

Well Known Member
hey all,

I have installed a G3X Touch and the GTR 200. I initially connected the audio feeds between the two via the mono connection and wired a stereo feed from an aux input directly to the GTR200. When testing the audio, the headset mic and audio sounded great, however the G3X generated warnings/audio were distorted. So, I replaced the mono connection between the 2 components thinking there was a short, and had the same results.

So, next I went ahead and connected the G3X and the GTR200 with the stereo feed, with my aux jack spliced in between, and that seems to sound better, but there is a little distortion. I can test this in the configuration page-sound and do a sound test. I can select mono, or mono and stereo. If I do a mono test, it is distorted, if I do mono and stereo, it sounds good with a little distortion.

I am thinking, in the test, since it is using both the mono and stereo feed, the mono feed is giving me the distortion. My thoughts are, why not just get rid of the mono connection between the 2 components since it seems to be distorting. Any reason to keep them connected?