g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
For those of you who have been wishing for the ability to fly coupled VOR and ILS approaches with your G3X cockpit display system and GX Pilot integrated autopilot, the wait is over. Today we released GDU 37x software version 5.00, which adds support for VHF autopilot modes along with several other enhancements. Although the updates to the pilot's guide aren't quite ready yet, you can check out the list of changes and download the free software update by clicking here https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-00G3X-00&cID=155&pID=63892 . I know there were many folks at Oshkosh asking for the ability to fly a coupled ILS approach with their G3X system, so we hope you enjoy the early Christmas present. Keep an eye out for an upcoming video that will show off how well this system flies the airplane, and stay tuned for further G3X enhancements - beginning with support for the Vertical Power VP-X and VP-200 units in early 2011.

Tim, that's very interesting news, particularly about the VP support.

Stein, I'll be giving you a call sometime next week.

For those of you who have been wishing for the ability to fly coupled VOR and ILS approaches with your G3X cockpit display system and GX Pilot integrated autopilot, the wait is over. Today we released GDU 37x software version 5.00, which adds support for VHF autopilot modes along with several other enhancements. Although the updates to the pilot's guide aren't quite ready yet, you can check out the list of changes and download the free software update by clicking here https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloadsUpdates.jsp?product=010-00G3X-00&cID=155&pID=63892 . I know there were many folks at Oshkosh asking for the ability to fly a coupled ILS approach with their G3X system, so we hope you enjoy the early Christmas present. Keep an eye out for an upcoming video that will show off how well this system flies the airplane, and stay tuned for further G3X enhancements - beginning with support for the Vertical Power VP-X and VP-200 units in early 2011.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You guys are seriously conspiring to get every last cent from me. This may be too good to say no to.

You guys are seriously conspiring to get every last cent from me. This may be too good to say no to.

Just send your credit card to Stein and he will send you one.