boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
WooHoo! GARMIN has released the G3X 8.91 update! I’m reading through the updates. Looks like great stuff. I especially like the displaying of the Navigator’s TOD/BOD for VNAV ops. Many Thanks to the GARMIN Experimental and software folks!

Well…maybe not!🤬

I may have posted too soon. While reading the 8.91 updates on the GARMIN website, it did not differentiate between Xi navigators and non-Xi 650/750 navigators for VNAV TOD/BOD display. Reading the post from Justin from GARMIN, it seems to be that the non-Xi 650/750 are not included in these major feature updates. For me, that is a major disappointment.

Yep, what incentive would there be to upgrade if all the new features were available on the non Xi units? There's a plan afoot there....

+1 on support for TOD/BOD with the GTN 6XX series. These are expensive units and software support should continue.

Very frustrating that the differentiation between the Xi and non-Xi navigators is largely what Garmin chooses to enable in the software. Proves in my mind, that the hardware difference wasn't enough to justify the cost for most people.