crabandy

Well Known Member
I bought an 8 GB SDHC card for the G3X, I can't get it to work. I have formatted it twice and I've downloaded the 8.3 software several times but my GDU 375 won't recognize new software. I also tried to safe my fuel tank calibrations and there was an error. Did I buy the wrong type of card?

I have used a 2 and a 4 gig in mine. There is a recommended card in the manual I think.

Never tried an 8 gig one.

The manual was pretty specific on brand of SD card to use due to label thickness in different brands.

I had one that did not work a long while back. It was not the brand called out in the IM. If you use the one recommended you will probably not have any trouble. I have used multiple differents capacity cards up to 8 gig and not had any problems.

I've got the recommended SanDisk brand, probably a formatting or software issue. Seems I'm software challenged......I swear it's plugged in!!

17.4.1 Updating Garmin Databases
Equipment required to perform the update is as follows:
? Windows-compatible PC computer (Windows 2000 or XP recommended)
? Verbatim 96504 SD Card Reader or equivalent card reader
? Updated database obtained from the flyGarmin website
? SD Card, 2 GB recommended (Garmin recommends SanDisk? brand)

I assume you are saving the download to the PC, then executing the downloaded file to the sd card.
How are you formatting it? Fat16 or 32

Last edited:
I had some problems trying to get a database to load on one of our G3X's - was convinced it was the card to the point that the Team X gang sent me a card - but that didn't work either. It turned out we had one digit wrong int eh system serial number, and the system was rejecting the update.

It really looked like a file read problem, but it wasn't one - so check over everything - especially the simple stuff.