Captain_John

Well Known Member
Hey All,

In diagram 15.3.3, the Garmin manual shows 4 connections for these sensors. Which color wire is for which pin and which one is not used?

In the case of fuel pressure, we have pins 1-4. They are for the ground, variable, 12 and 5 volts respectively.

My guess would be that black is ground, the green is the variable and the red is 12 volts positive. Pins 1,2&3 respectively on J 243.

The 5 volt pin 4 is not used.

Am I guessing correctly?

I really would like to get this right, without the guesswork. The sensors didn't come with any paperwork indicating what went where.

Anyone?

:confused: CJ

CJ if I am remembering correctly (dangerous!) there are some small letters molded into the connector near where the wire comes in that match up with the diagrams (A,B,C). I think I had to use my geek goggles to see em.

Pretty sure there were only 3 wires per sensor not 4. Use the wiring diagrams in the back of the manual to see what pins to use.

Last edited:
Hello John,

First, make sure you have the latest revision of the G3X installation manual. As of this date revision K is current, which you can find here.

The schematics in Appendix F indicate the following color codes for the Kavlico P4055 sensors:

Red = Power
Green = Output
Black = Ground

Please don't hesitate to contact us at the email address shown below if you have any further questions.

- Matt