ALMARTON

Well Known Member
Hi there,

I am planning for my RV7 Panel and I would like some info from the experts here.

I would like to have G3X as main display but I would also need to have a TCAS and Stormscope on this plane. I was informed that currently G3X interfaces with GTS800 (TCAS) is that right? But it does not yet with WX-500 Stormscope is this correct?

So my first question is, what affordable stormscope could interface with it? If none, what would be the alternatives? I thought about GTN 750, but it seems too much for just what I need - a WX-500 interface (or other good stormscope)...

Starting to think that a modern, affordable glass cockpit to integrate EFIS/EMS , TCAS, Stormscope could have to abandon G3X and think in a complete new alternative, any suggestions?

Hello Alexandre, and thanks for your question. At the present time the G3X system does not interface with the WX-500 Stormscope. However, based on the number of requests we have received, this is definitely something we would like to address in a future software update.

- Matt

Hello Alexandre, and thanks for your question. At the present time the G3X system does not interface with the WX-500 Stormscope. However, based on the number of requests we have received, this is definitely something we would like to address in a future software update.

- Matt

Matt, what abou GTN 650 or 750 are they TSOd COM'S with VOR and GPS by default? Having one of those is it necessary to buy a radio like GTR225 , or GTN comes with all COMs by default?

Does it G3X touch in the full package ($ 9.999 i think) comes with all modules, sensors , pitots and INTERCOM?

If not what comes in GTN, INTERCOM? COM? what more?

Thanks in advance I am very confused, I know that our ANAC won't let us use the COM module for the G3X because it is not TSOd but GTNs comes by default and are, is that right?

Thanks anyone could clarify better all that....

Alexandre,

The GTN 650 and GTN 750 are TSO-C146c IFR GPS navigators that also include a TSO'd comm radio and VHF nav receiver. A GTN does not include an intercom, although you may add an audio panel, including a remote-mounted audio panel that is controlled through the GTN 750.

The GTR 20 is the remote-mounted comm radio for the G3X Touch system, and the GTR 200 is the panel-mount version of the same radio. While these radios do not carry TSO approval (part of what allows us to sell them at such an attractive price!) they have been approved by ANATEL for use in Brazil.

Regarding the configuration and pricing of your specific system, it would be easier for us to help you if you'll contact us using the email address below and let us know your requirements and what capabilities you'd like to have in your panel. As the G3X system is highly expandable to accommodate a wide range of configurations, we often find that email works best so we can help you with a customized spreadsheet of options.

thanks,
- Matt

Matt, many many thanks .

You was of incredible help so far...

I have so many more questions and doubts I will continue through email : [email protected]

I will write tomorrow though.

Thanks again!