Walt

Well Known Member
Anyone know if the 'LVL' button on the GMC305 A/P control panel will operate the same as the new 'LVL' button input on the Vizion?

Hi Walt and Lucas,

If the Vizion autopilot supports the same RS-232 and ARINC 429 interface as the GX Pilot, then the behavior of the LVL button on the GMC 305 will work the same as it did with the previous Trutrak unit.

- Matt

I am sure TeamX can provide more details but my understanding is that there is also another difference between the G3X AP with the GMC 305 and any third party AP in relation to the "LVL" button.

It is my understanding that the G3X AP with the GMC305 will level out of just about any unusual attitude vs the third party external AP's cannot depending on how far out of whack they can get before their internal gyro's saturate or tumble.

Hello Brian,

When used with a third-party autopilot, the G3X flight director commands a bank angle and vertical speed of zero in LVL mode. The resulting behavior of the third-party autopilot is determined by its manufacturer (Trutrak in this case).

When the G3X system is used with the Garmin GSA 28 autopilot servos, the autopilot's behavior in LVL mode can be different because the flight director and autopilot are more tightly integrated, and the autopilot servos have the same knowledge of the aircraft's attitude as is presented to the pilot on the PFD.

- Matt

Last edited:
Hi Walt and Lucas,

If the Vizion autopilot supports the same RS-232 and ARINC 429 interface as the GX Pilot, then the behavior of the LVL button on the GMC 305 will work the same as it did with the previous Trutrak unit.

- Matt

The Vizion uses the exact same interface as the GX Pilot.