jelliott

Friend
So, we are just powering on our new system. We updated the software to 9.41 and have been setting things up. All seems good expect the Oil pressure is a red-X. I tested the transducer using the fuel pressure plug and the transducer seems to work. I tested the voltage at the oil pressure plug and it is 7 Volts??? I tested the fuel pressure plug it is exactly 5 volts. I could have pinned it wrong but the 7 volts I don't understand. My pin out shows J243 19- 5V 12- GND and 17- Signal Wire. My Transducer is GMN-01179.

So, we are just powering on our new system. We updated the software to 9.41 and have been setting things up. All seems good expect the Oil pressure is a red-X. I tested the transducer using the fuel pressure plug and the transducer seems to work. I tested the voltage at the oil pressure plug and it is 7 Volts??? I tested the fuel pressure plug it is exactly 5 volts. I could have pinned it wrong but the 7 volts I don't understand. My pin out shows J243 19- 5V 12- GND and 17- Signal Wire. My Transducer is GMN-01179.
I had the same problem. In my case the settings for the oil pressure instrument had been deleted in the 9:41 software.
After inserting the range setting again it works as before.

Good luck

I had the same problem. In my case the settings for the oil pressure instrument had been deleted in the 9:41 software.
After inserting the range setting again it works as before.

Good luck
I appreciate the help, I tried this and still oil pressure is red X. You can see where the parameters are set but it is Red Xs.

I appreciate the help, I tried this and still oil pressure is red X. You can see where the parameters are set but it is Red Xs.
I assume the G3X (GEA24B) is powered before engine start. Mine is not.
I suggest you pull the breaker (power) to the GEA24B before engine start.
With the engine running, reset the breaker.
If this works you may have a problem with an electric spike in the system during engine start.
The starter takes a lot of amps (+200). When the starter stops, voltage increases with a sharp spike (ms).
This can have an affect on low voltage transmitters.
A zener diode can catch voltage spikes of short durations. It´s installed on the bus between +14V and GND.

If the red X is there before engine start the problem is not related to a voltage spike.

Good luck

Last edited: