alcladrv

Well Known Member
I noticed that the latest revision of G3X software (6.20) had a button on the Flight Plan for importing flight plans. My question was,"How?"

My question was directed to Matt Burch at Garmin who replied that 'While Garmin didn't have dedicated software for it, it could be done through the FltPlan.com website'.

Sure enough on the FltPlan.com website they had referenced that capability back in 2009 and have instructions on how to do it. The instructions don't specifically list the G3X, but I'm anxious to give it a shot to see how it would work.

Anybody else tried it?

Mike

I noticed that the latest revision of G3X software (6.20) had a button on the Flight Plan for importing flight plans. My question was,"How?"

My question was directed to Matt Burch at Garmin who replied that 'While Garmin didn't have dedicated software for it, it could be done through the FltPlan.com website'.

Sure enough on the FltPlan.com website they had referenced that capability back in 2009 and have instructions on how to do it. The instructions don't specifically list the G3X, but I'm anxious to give it a shot to see how it would work.
Anybody else tried it?

Mike

I use it every flight. Works the same way on my 696. Save the flight plan on the SD card; insert the card and select FPL then Import. One of the reasons I am installing a G3X to go along with my 696 is they both have the same user interface to load flight plans. I am getting too old to remember multiple ways to do the same thing and keep each one straight when it gets hectic in the cockpit

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Do you know which file extension(s) the G3X uses for importing the flight plans? I am interested in buying Jeppesen Internet Flight Planning, but neither Jeppesen or Garmin is able to tell me if a JIFP-flight plan can be uploaded in the G3X using the memory card.

Kind regards,
Duncan

Hi Steve,

Do you know which file extension(s) the G3X uses for importing the flight plans? I am interested in buying Jeppesen Internet Flight Planning, but neither Jeppesen or Garmin is able to tell me if a JIFP-flight plan can be uploaded in the G3X using the memory card.

Kind regards,
Duncan

It is an XML file and the tail is .fpl