Brent 801

I'm in phase one testing with my new RV-14A. I have a persistent problem with MAP and Fuel Pressure indications simultaneously becoming erratic after about 30 minutes of flight. MAP begins fluctuating about .5 inch while FP fluctuates about 4 PSI. I've checked all connectors on the Stein built harnesses and they look fine. I've replaced the MAP sensor and tested the FP sensor with regulated air pressure. I've had 2 A&Ps and an avionics tech look over my installation. I'm about to replace the GEA-24.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Brent

likely checked

You probably already checked, but would ask if you have the modified oil/fuel restrictor fitting on the fuel pressure port. I have also seen -3 hose used for manifold pressure as opposed to -4. Curious what size hose you have.

Of note, I am not flying yet and simply offering areas that may be a factor based upon internet research alone.

Fluctuating MAP on G3X

I had a problem with MAP becoming erratic as the engine RPM approached 2400 RPM. My MAP line was installed per Van's plans on an IO-360-Axxx engine.

Garmin recommends installing an Omega Engineering PS-8G snubber/restrictor on the MAP line at the transducer.

B