crabandy

Well Known Member
I've went through the setup of the various engine inst on the G3X, lots of configurations possible! I went through and did a basic setup but would like some feedback on people flying it. I would really hate for 15 alarms to be going off on my first flight.
What min/max values and color ranges have others already flying found work the best for O-360?
Alarm points for the various guages?
Thanks,
Andy

Here goes off the top of my head;

MP, It is all green, on a O-360 there is no Yellow or Red or alarm. I put one in at 36" just to have some colour :p

RPM Yellow at 2730 and red by 2750

Fuel Pressure, refer the Lycoming min/max
Fuel flow, set it at green to 19GPH and red at 20GPH, if you have a massive leak, well you will probably know without the alarm anyway!

Oil temp and pressure is from the book.

EGT, there is no RED for EGT, unless you have a turbo, and a TIT, but for EGT I think yellow for up to 900 and above 1600 so if you have a faulty plug in flight it will show that one up yellow. but it is not an alarm state.

CHT.....This one you CAN NOT follow the Lycoming book. I suggest you set Yellow up to 200dF just because you can, then yellow again from 380 to 400 and red from 400dF. You do not want a preignition event one day and you get an alarm at 500dF, because by the time you see that and figure out what to do, its all too late.