Auburntsts

Well Known Member
Folks,
I'm exploring my EFIS options before buying and have run into an issue with the G3X. I already have a VP-200 and it needs engine data. The G3X does not export that type of info. So the only option is to ditch the G3X's built-in EIS in favor of a 3rd party EIS like the GRT EIS 6000. That will work but I'd really like to display engine data on the G3X and provide the same info to the VP-200. Here's my question -- since splicing the sensor wires doesn't seem to be an option (already asked that question) will the G3X accept engine data from the GRT EIS in lieu of being directly wired to the various sensors? After reading the manual, it doesn't appear possible but I figured I ask anyway.

Thanks!

Support for Vertical Power is someting we plan on adding in the near future. At this time we are looking into the details required to support this interface. This will be accomplished through a software updtate to the G3X system.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hey Tim, welcome to the good ship VAF!!

Good to have you here, always nice to have an "insider" available :D

Tim,
Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, are you guys developing an interface for both the VP-200 and the VX? I ask because the interfaces are different according to Marc Ausman and an interface for the VX would be a logical development but I'm not so sure about the VP-200 which is what I have.

I would like to see the g3x interface with the VP50 & VP-X as well.

Another product that has my interest is the hub system by

http://approachfaststack.com/index.html

The G3X while nearly affordable and very user friendly | is not home builder install friendly... It would be nice to see Garmin offer some type of hub-esk system that you could simply plug and play your choice of boxes, add voltage and your 90% done with your panel. . . I will just keep dreaming / GOODNIGHT

Thanks Tim

We are working with Garmin on the G3X/VP-200 integration and it is very good.