kaweeka

Well Known Member
I'm to the point in my panel upgrade where I need to configure the green, yellow and red zones for operational parameters. There are some that are easily found but others that are a little less obvious. I have a Lycoming IO 320 B1A in a -9A. I've gone through the Lycoming manual and have some numbers but I'm looking for anyone that's been through this and has a database of engine parameters that I can reference. I realize the airspeeds are individual but would welcome those numbers as a reference as well.
Thanks for your help.
David

Maybe a little help

I do not know the "V" speeds for the 9, but for the engine. You just need to go to the Lycon or "O.E.M." book and start there. You will find that this is a good starting point, but will also find that as you get up and going you will be going back over these numbers and changing or adjusting them to suite you and you comfort levels. You will have to figure what you like to see out of things like CHT's. Some guys like them at one point and some like them higher or lower. You will get the hang of it by flying and thinking through what you are seeing and what you want to see. This is some of the fun of having an A.H.B.A. The V speeds, most of us start with the Van's numbers out of the box, then tweak those as needed while doing flight testing.
Hope this helps. Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Last edited: